- 1 What countries outside of Europe speak French?
- 2 Which countries is a French speaking country?
- 3 How many French speakers are in Europe?
- 4 What are the major French speaking cities in Europe?
- 5 Which African country speaks the best French?
- 6 Which countries speaks English?
- 7 How many countries are there in earth?
- 8 What city speaks French?
- 9 Which language is spoken most in world?
- 10 Which language is closest to French?
- 11 What are the top 10 French speaking countries?
- 12 How much of Africa speaks French?
- 13 What is the biggest French city in the world?
- 14 What is the 2nd largest French speaking city in the world?
- 15 What are the 5 largest French speaking cities in the world?
What countries outside of Europe speak French?
French is the official language** in Belgium, Benin, Burkina, Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central, African, Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte, d’Ivoire, Democratic, Republic, of, the, Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial, Guinea, France, Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Republic, of, the, Congo,
Which countries is a French speaking country?
The 29 countries are, in alphabetical order: Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, the Ivory Coast, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, France, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo and Vanuatu.
How many French speakers are in Europe?
French is the second most widely spoken mother tongue in the European Union. Of Europeans who speak other languages natively, approximately one-fifth are able to speak French as a second language. French language.
|Native speakers||76.8 million worldwide An estimated 274 million French speakers (L1 plus L2; 2014)|
What are the major French speaking cities in Europe?
More videos on YouTube
- Geneva, Switzerland. Geneva is the second most populous city in Switzerland after Zurich.
- Marseille, France. Marseille is the second largest and oldest city in France.
- Montreal, Canada.
- Brussels, Belgium.
- Nice, France.
- Corsica, France.
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- Lyon, France.
Which African country speaks the best French?
African Countries That Speak French Of these countries, Gabon comes in first as the African country with the greatest percentage of French speakers (80 percent) with Mauritius taking second at 72.7 percent and Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal tying for third with 70 percent.
Which countries speaks English?
Majority English – speaking countries English is also the primary natively spoken language in the Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, The Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
How many countries are there in earth?
Countries and Regions of the World from A to Z Since South Sudan became an independent state on 9 July 2011, there are now 195 independent sovereign nations in the world (not including the disputed but de facto independent Taiwan), plus some 60 dependent areas, and several disputed territories, like Kosovo.
What city speaks French?
|Largest French Speaking Cities in the World|
|# 3||Abidjan||Ivroy Coast|
Which language is spoken most in world?
English is the largest language in the world, if you count both native and non-native speakers. If you count only native speakers, Mandarin Chinese is the largest.
Which language is closest to French?
Arpitan (also known as Franco-Provençal) and Occitan (sometimes called Provençal) are the two geographically closest languages to French. In many ways, Occitan looks like a cross between French and Spanish.
What are the top 10 French speaking countries?
Overview of French Speaking Countries
- France (60 million native speakers )
- Canada (7 million native speakers )
- Belgium (4 million native speakers )
- Switzerland (2 million native speakers )
- Côte d’Ivoire.
How much of Africa speaks French?
The number of people speaking French has shown a steady increase: up nearly 9.6% since 2014. Measuring from 2010 to today, 22.7 million more people speak French: 68% of these are sub-Saharan Africa, while 22% live in North Africa.
What is the biggest French city in the world?
Largest French cities classed by population of metropolitan area
|Rank||City||Population by urban unit or conurbation|
|3||Marseille * – Aix-en-Provence||1,565,879|
What is the 2nd largest French speaking city in the world?
Kinshasa is the world’s second largest French speaking city, after Paris, and before Montreal and Brussels.
What are the 5 largest French speaking cities in the world?
The cities below are among the largest French – speaking cities in the world:
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of Congo.
- Paris, France.
- Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
- Montreal, Canada.
- Dakar, Senegal.
- Port-Au-Prince, Haiti.
- Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.