- 1 What are the top 10 largest countries in Europe?
- 2 Is England the smallest country in Europe?
- 3 Which EU country has the largest population?
- 4 Which European countries are bigger than UK?
- 5 Is USA bigger than Europe?
- 6 Which was the richest country in the world?
- 7 What is Europe’s smallest city?
- 8 What is the 3 smallest country in the world?
- 9 What is the 2 smallest country in the world?
- 10 Is Germany richer than UK?
- 11 Is France a rich country?
- 12 What is Europe’s largest city?
- 13 Is Germany bigger than UK?
- 14 Which country in Europe has the oldest population?
- 15 Which is biggest country in the world?
What are the top 10 largest countries in Europe?
Here is the list of the ten largest countries in square miles:
- Russia (6,599,921 square miles)
- Ukraine (232,951 square miles)
- France (212,954 square miles)
- Spain (195,313 square miles)
- Sweden (173,814 square miles)
- Germany (137,846 square miles)
- Finland (130,632 square miles)
- Norway (124,988 square miles)
Is England the smallest country in Europe?
1. Vatican City (0.44 km2) The smallest country in the world, not just in Europe, the tiny walled enclave of Vatican City is technically a ‘sovereign city-state’ ruled by the whichever Pope is currently in office.
Which EU country has the largest population?
In 2020, Russia had the largest population among European countries at 145.93 million people. The next largest countries in terms of their population size were Germany at 83.78 million inhabitants, the United Kingdom at 67.89 million people, and France at 65.27 million people.
Which European countries are bigger than UK?
List of European countries by area
|11||United Kingdom *||242,495|
Is USA bigger than Europe?
In terms of size the two are almost even, with Europe only slightly bigger than the US (10.2 million sq km vs 9.8 million sq km) but this includes large parts of Russia. The EU, which many people think of as Europe, has a population of 510 million people, in an area half the size of the US (4.3 million sq km).
Which was the richest country in the world?
For example, Iceland makes the top 10 at $57,189, but the island’s population is only around 342,000 people. Similarly, Luxembourg’s population is just under 633,000—but it’s the richest country in the world on a per capita basis. Mapped: The 25 Richest Countries in the World.
|Country||GDP per capita (USD)|
What is Europe’s smallest city?
1: Vatican City An independent state within the city of Rome, the Vatican City is the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church and the smallest state in the world in both size and population. The main attractions include St Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums.
What is the 3 smallest country in the world?
The three smallest countries in the world are Vatican City, an enclave within Rome, Italy. Monaco, a principality at the Mediterranean coast and an enclave within Southern France, and Nauru, an island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
What is the 2 smallest country in the world?
The second smallest country in the world is Monaco at. The 100 Smallest Countries in the World.
|Rank||Country||Total are in km 2 (mi 2 )|
|1||Vatican City||0.49 km 2 (0.19 mi 2 )|
|2||Monaco||2.02 km 2 (0.78 mi 2 )|
|3||Nauru||21 km 2 (8.1 mi 2 )|
|4||Tuvalu||26 km 2 (10 mi 2 )|
Is Germany richer than UK?
Right now, Germany is by far the biggest, with a GDP of $3.6 trillion. France stands at $2.7 trillion, the UK at $2.2 trillion, Italy at $2.1 trillion. If you count Russia as part of Europe, it slots into the table between us and the Italians. But over time, those positions have moved around.
Is France a rich country?
With a gross domestic product of more than $2.6 trillion in 2017, France is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. The French created nearly $40,000 in economic output per person in 2017. France’s life expectancy at birth of 82.5 years is more than a decade higher than the average life expectancy worldwide.
What is Europe’s largest city?
Largest urban agglomerations in Europe in 2020 (in millions of inhabitants)
|Population in millions|
Is Germany bigger than UK?
Germany is about 1.5 times bigger than United Kingdom. United Kingdom is approximately 243,610 sq km, while Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, making Germany 47% larger than United Kingdom.
Which country in Europe has the oldest population?
Southern Europe, which includes such countries Croatia, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia and Spain, is the oldest region in the world with 21 percent of the population ages 65+.
Which is biggest country in the world?
The 30 largest countries in the world by total area (in square kilometers)
|Area in square kilometers|