- 1 Which countries besides Spain sent settlers to South America?
- 2 Which European country settled most Central America?
- 3 What crop did settlers first grow in Brazil?
- 4 What two cultures blended to form modern Mexico?
- 5 Which countries in South America have the highest literacy rates quizlet?
- 6 Which two parts of the economy provide most of the income in Central America and the Caribbean?
- 7 What are the 14 countries in Central America?
- 8 Which European country still possesses territorial colonies in the Caribbean?
- 9 Why did Spain settle in the Caribbean?
- 10 What is Brazil’s biggest industry?
- 11 Who lived in Brazil before the European settlers arrived?
- 12 What is Brazil famous for producing?
- 13 Where did Mexican culture come from?
- 14 What came first Spain or Mexico?
- 15 What influenced Mexican culture?
Which countries besides Spain sent settlers to South America?
Italy, Portugal, and Germany sent settlers besides South America to South America.
Which European country settled most Central America?
Countries such as Spain, France and Portugal colonized the region. Although most of Latin America was colonized by Spain, the countries of Portugal and France also had major influences on the region.
What crop did settlers first grow in Brazil?
1) What crop did settlers first grow in Brazil and what effect did it have on the makeup of the population? Sugar cane and causes most settlement in Brazil to be on the coast.
What two cultures blended to form modern Mexico?
The culture of Mexico reflects the country’s complex history and is the result of the gradual blending of native culture (particularly Mesoamerican) with Spanish culture and other Mexican cultures.
Which countries in South America have the highest literacy rates quizlet?
What country in South America has the highest literacy rate? Uruguay has the highest literacy rate which is 97%.
Which two parts of the economy provide most of the income in Central America and the Caribbean?
The major economic income are the agriculture and tourism, although the industrial sector is in strong growth, mainly in Panama. United States is the main socio-commercial of all Central American countries.
What are the 14 countries in Central America?
- Costa Rica.
- El Salvador.
Which European country still possesses territorial colonies in the Caribbean?
The Netherlands has six Caribbean islands that are regarded by the EU as overseas territories, but which are not classified as non-self-governing territories by the UN: The three islands of Aruba, Curacao and Sint Maarten are defined as autonomous countries within the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Why did Spain settle in the Caribbean?
The Europeans came to the Caribbean in search of wealth. The Spanish had originally looked for gold and silver, but there was little to be found. Instead, the Europeans tried growing different crops to be sold back home. This also made the Caribbean colonies valuable – and tempting targets for rival empires.
What is Brazil’s biggest industry?
The services sector is the largest sector in Brazil contributing almost 65% to its gross domestic product.9 The decreasing share of agriculture and industry over the years was taken up by the service sector, which has contributed more than 50% of the country’s GDP since the 1990s.16 By this time, the service sector
Who lived in Brazil before the European settlers arrived?
As with many South American countries, the history of Brazil begins with indigenous people, and dates back over 10,000 years. The first inhabitants of Brazil were native indigenous “Indians” (“indios” in Portuguese) who lived mainly on the coast and alongside rivers in tribes.
What is Brazil famous for producing?
sugarcane, coffee, soybeans, corn. The agriculture of Brazil is historically one of the principal bases of Brazil’s economy. While its initial focus was on sugarcane, Brazil eventually became the world’s largest exporter of coffee, soybeans, beef, and crop-based ethanol.
Where did Mexican culture come from?
Cultural diffusion and intermixing among the Amerindian populations with the European created the modern Mexican identity which is a mixture of regional indigenous and European cultures that evolved into a national culture during the Spanish period.
What came first Spain or Mexico?
The Aztec Empire was the last great civilization prior to the arrival of the Spanish. They came into power in 1325 and ruled until 1521. In 1521, Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortes conquered the Aztecs and Mexico became a Spanish colony. For 300 years Spain ruled the land until the early 1800s.
What influenced Mexican culture?
Mexico has been deeply influenced by Spanish colonisation that began in the 16th century and lasted for almost three centuries. Before European occupation, the land of Mexico was home to expansive Mesoamerican civilisations, such as those of the Olmec, Toltec, Teotihuacan, Aztec, Maya and Zapotec people.