- 1 Are European river cruises worth the money?
- 2 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 3 What is the cheapest European river cruise?
- 4 What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
- 5 Why are US river cruises so expensive?
- 6 Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
- 7 Do AAA members get discounts on cruises?
- 8 What is the best rated river cruise line?
- 9 How many passengers are on Viking River Cruises?
- 10 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
- 11 Which cruise line is best for older adults?
- 12 How do I get the best deal on a river cruise?
- 13 Which is better Viking or Tauck?
- 14 Which is better Uniworld or Viking?
- 15 What cruise line is the most luxurious?
Are European river cruises worth the money?
In a nutshell: yes, river cruises in Europe are worth their cost if your main concern is not the price tag itself but instead the value of what you’re getting in return. Clearly this is not the cheapest possible way to travel around Europe; you get good value, yes, but let’s not beat around the bush here.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What is the cheapest European river cruise?
5 Budget European River Cruises
- Essence of the Elbe: Berlin to Prague. $ 2,095 13-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Pleasant Portugal – Porto and the Douro Valley. $ 1,447 6-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Romantic Danube. $ 1,999 8-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Romance of the Rhine and Mosel. $ 3,195 16-days trip.
- Danube Discovery Cruise. $ 3,499 15-days trip.
What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Why are US river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
Which is better Viking or Avalon River Cruises?
Avalon has the addition of karaoke and a movie night once per cruise, while Viking offers up a veritable feast once per cruise that is themed for the region the ship is sailing through (think ‘Bavarian Feast’ for cruises on the Danube).
Do AAA members get discounts on cruises?
CRUISE TODAY. Nobody brings you more value and exclusive amenities than AAA Travel! AAA Members receive exclusive AAA Vacations® Amenities and AAA Member Benefits on all ships and all sailings with Royal Caribbean cruises. Any ship, any sailing and in any category receive Priority Check-In and a bottle of wine.
What is the best rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
How many passengers are on Viking River Cruises?
Each Longship measures 135m in length and carries 190 passengers in 95 outside-facing cabins.
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
Which cruise line is best for older adults?
Princess Cruises, considered by many to be one of the best cruise lines for seniors, offers many options—various departure cities, one-way or round-trip cruises, and Cruisetours that include extended land excursions.
How do I get the best deal on a river cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
Which is better Viking or Tauck?
Viking has more weeklong cruises than Tauck and sails in more places and on more dates. If you want flexibility, the line is hard to beat. Choose Tauck if you like a more intimate ship. Having fewer people on the same size ship does make a difference in terms of seating, service and overall vibe.
Which is better Uniworld or Viking?
While Viking is better known for being in the public eye and is the largest cruise line in Europe, Uniworld has been around for longer. Both lines sail on all the popular rivers of Europe, and further afield, including Russia, Egypt and Asia.
What cruise line is the most luxurious?
Best Luxury Cruise Lines
- #1. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Luxury Cruise Lines.
- #2. Seabourn Cruise Line. #2 in Best Luxury Cruise Lines.
- #3. Crystal Cruises. #3 in Best Luxury Cruise Lines.
- #4. Regent Seven Seas Cruises. #4 in Best Luxury Cruise Lines.
- #5. Azamara Club Cruises. #5 in Best Luxury Cruise Lines.
- #6. Oceania Cruises.
- #7. Silversea Cruises.