- 1 How much does it cost to backpack around Europe?
- 2 What is the cheapest way to backpack through Europe?
- 3 How long should you backpack Europe for?
- 4 How do I start backpacking in Europe?
- 5 How much does a 2 week trip to Europe cost?
- 6 Can couples sleep together in hostels?
- 7 How much money do you need for 2 months in Europe?
- 8 How can I fly to Europe for cheap?
- 9 How much should I budget per day Europe?
- 10 How much does a 3 week trip to Europe cost?
- 11 Is it safe to backpack through Europe?
- 12 Where should I backpack in Europe?
- 13 Did I ever tell you about the time I was backpacking through Western Europe?
- 14 Do you need a visa to backpack Europe?
- 15 How can I get cheap backpacking?
How much does it cost to backpack around Europe?
Most frugal-minded, hostel-hopping backpackers spend around $70-$105/day in Western Europe and $40-$80/day in Eastern Europe. At this level, you can travel fairly modestly and comfortably without making too many sacrifices but you’re not going to be living it up.
What is the cheapest way to backpack through Europe?
- #1 Visit Tourist Information Centres. Always wealth of free information, Tourist Information Centres are a mecca when backpacking Europe cheaply.
- #2 Take Out Insurance.
- #3 Show your Student ID.
- #4 Adventure East.
- #5 Wait for Free Attractions.
- #6 Never Pay for Wifi.
- #7 Avoid July/August.
- #8 Skip Weekends in the Capitals.
How long should you backpack Europe for?
Europe Itinerary Planning and Travel Logistics Best Of Europe Mega Trip Itinerary (Travel Time: 8-10+ weeks) Eastern Europe MegaTrip Itinerary (Travel Time: 6- 10 Weeks ) Gateway to Eastern Europe Travel Itinerary (Travel Time: 2- 4 Weeks ) Our Most Important Tip for First-Time Travelers: Slow Down.
How do I start backpacking in Europe?
60+ Tips for Backpacking Through Europe
- Check Out Our European City Travel Guides.
- Pack Light.
- Get Travel Insurance.
- Avoid Backpacking Through Europe During High Season.
- Visit Cheaper European Countries.
- Do Research for Typical Tourist Traps and Scams.
- Plan Your Trip Around the First or Last Sunday in the Month.
- Pack Your Student ID.
How much does a 2 week trip to Europe cost?
Europe trip cost for 2 weeks
Can couples sleep together in hostels?
We stay in hostels to meet other people and make new friends. As a couple, you sometimes get stuck doing your own thing, so it’s sometimes nice to stay at a place where you know you’ll meet new people! We also love the fact that most hostels offer private rooms so if we want to get away and just be together, we can.
How much money do you need for 2 months in Europe?
How much does it cost to travel Europe for 2 months? The minimum amount of money you can expect to spend during your 2 month Europe itinerary (not including) flights is 6,000 USD. This assumes that your food, accommodation and transport within the continent will cost no less than 100 USD per person, per day.
How can I fly to Europe for cheap?
Here are seven tried-and-true booking strategies for nabbing the absolute cheapest flight to Europe.
- Depart Wednesday, return Tuesday.
- Use flight -prediction tools.
- Use hubs as launchpads.
- Book six months out.
- Travel during the tail end of summer.
- Follow the lowest fare, but buyer beware.
- Get two vacations for the price of one.
How much should I budget per day Europe?
The short answer: As a general rule of thumb, plan on budgeting between 50€-70€/ day for Western Europe and around 30€-50€/ day for Eastern Europe. Continue reading to get a more in-depth answer to this question.
How much does a 3 week trip to Europe cost?
(Total three weekly cost in the vicinity of US$6,000). Meals alone in Europe can add $150 per day! Luxury tours can be as much as US$1,000 per day per person!
Is it safe to backpack through Europe?
Europe is no more dangerous (probably even less so) than any other place in the world. Europe is very safe for backpacking and solo traveling but there are scams and petty crime you should watch out for.
Where should I backpack in Europe?
The Top European Destinations For Backpackers On A Budget
- Bruges | Belgium. If history is your passion, travel to Bruges.
- Berlin | Germany. There is no doubt that nowadays, Berlin has become a creative hub, characterized by its young and vibrant energy.
- Thessaloniki | Greece.
- Split | Croatia.
- Barcelona | Spain.
- Amsterdam | Netherlands.
Did I ever tell you about the time I was backpacking through Western Europe?
Joey: [Teaching Ross the ” Europe story” to help him end his “dry spell”] Years ago when I was backpacking through western Europe I was just outside Barcelona hiking in the foothills of Mount Tibidabo, I was at the end of this path and I came to a clearing, there was a very secluded lake and there were tall trees all
Do you need a visa to backpack Europe?
If you are an American citizen traveling for pleasure within Europe, and staying no longer than 90 days in most countries, you most likely don’t need a visa of any sort- just a passport, valid for at least 6 months after you plan to return home.
How can I get cheap backpacking?
How to Build a Backpacking Trip on the Cheap
- Pick cheaper destinations. If you want to save on costs, the best strategy is to pick destinations where the exchange rate is good, the hostels are cheap and the food costs even less.
- Book a hostel with perks.
- Think outside the hostel.
- Eat at the grocery store.
- Get a rail pass.
- Walk or bike.
- Find free things to do.