- 1 What is the name of the mountain range that runs along the border of France and Spain?
- 2 What mountain range creates the northern border of Spain?
- 3 What mountain range forms Europe’s eastern boundary?
- 4 In which European country would you find fjords?
- 5 What are the 5 main mountain ranges in France?
- 6 Is there a mountain range between Spain and Portugal?
- 7 What separates Africa from Europe?
- 8 What are the mountains between France and Italy?
- 9 Which river forms a border between 2 or more European nations?
- 10 What are the 5 regions of Europe?
- 11 What are the 5 major peninsulas in Europe?
- 12 What are the seven regions of Europe?
- 13 Which country has the most fjords?
- 14 How many countries does Europe contain group of answer choices?
- 15 Are fjords dangerous?
What is the name of the mountain range that runs along the border of France and Spain?
Located in south west Europe, the Pyrenees form a high border between France and Spain, stretching 270 miles (435km) from the Bay of Biscay to the Mediterranean Sea. The highest peak is Pico de Aneto, which is 3404 metres high.
What mountain range creates the northern border of Spain?
Terms in this set (12) Found where the Mediterranean Sea joins the Atlantic Ocean; The countries of Spain and Portugal are located on the Iberian Peninsula. The Pyrenees Mountains form the northern border.
What mountain range forms Europe’s eastern boundary?
The Carpathian Mountains form an arc extending from Central Europe to Eastern Europe, covering a distance of approximately 1,500 km and ranking as the third longest mountain range in Europe, after the Urals and the Scandinavian Mountains.
In which European country would you find fjords?
Fjords are found mainly in Norway, Chile, New Zealand, Canada, Greenland, and the U.S. state of Alaska. Sognefjorden, a fjord in Norway, is more than 160 kilometers (nearly 100 miles) long.
What are the 5 main mountain ranges in France?
France’s mountain ranges
- The Alps. The Alps can be divided into two distinct areas.
- The Pyrenees. Separating France from Spain, this mountain range creates an imposing and continuous barrier between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic across a distance of 430km.
- The Jura.
- The Vosges.
- The Massif Central.
Is there a mountain range between Spain and Portugal?
The Pyrenees long have been a formidable land barrier between Spain and Portugal on the Iberian Peninsula and the rest of Europe; as a consequence, these two countries traditionally have developed stronger associations with Africa than with the rest of Europe, and they have become tied to the sea.
What separates Africa from Europe?
Mediterranean Sea, an intercontinental sea that stretches from the Atlantic Ocean on the west to Asia on the east and separates Europe from Africa.
What are the mountains between France and Italy?
Located in Central Europe, the Alps stretch across the countries of France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein. As with nearby mountain chains, the Alps are very important as they contribute much of what is left of the original forest cover of central and southern Europe.
Which river forms a border between 2 or more European nations?
The Danube forms a border between these two countries.
What are the 5 regions of Europe?
Europe has been traditionally divided into regions based on location according to the four points of the compass: Eastern Europe, southern Europe, Western Europe, and northern Europe.
What are the 5 major peninsulas in Europe?
4) Europe has five major peninsulas:
What are the seven regions of Europe?
Europe can be divided into seven geographic regions: Scandinavia (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark); the British Isles (the United Kingdom and Ireland); W Europe (France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Monaco); S Europe (Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Italy, Malta, San Marino, and Vatican City);
Which country has the most fjords?
Hence coasts having the most pronounced fjords include the west coast of Norway, the west coast of North America from Puget Sound to Alaska, the southwest coast of New Zealand, and the west and to south-western coasts of South America, chiefly in Chile.
How many countries does Europe contain group of answer choices?
Today, 27 countries are part of the European Union.
Are fjords dangerous?
Another dangerous feature found near some fjords is the presence of thousands of small, rocky island blocks. These areas are called skerries and they can be treacherous for ships to navigate. Because they were formed by glaciers, fjords tend to be located in mountainous areas close to large bodies of water.