- 1 Can you put hidden hinges on old cabinets?
- 2 How do European hinges work?
- 3 How do you choose hidden hinges?
- 4 What color hinges for white cabinets?
- 5 How do you install half overlay hinges?
- 6 Can you change cabinet hinges to hidden?
- 7 How are hidden hinges measured?
- 8 How do you install an easy mount hinge?
- 9 Where do you drill holes for Blum hinges?
It really is amazing what hidden hinges can do to update the look of any cabinetry. And if you ever get the chance to fully replace your cabinets or cabinet doors, you can reuse these hinges. This type of hinge is not cheap, so the more mileage you can get out of them, the better.
How do European hinges work?
With traditional hinges, you have to remove screws or hinge pins to remove doors. Euro hinges like this one just snap onto mounting plates so you can instantly check the door’s fit. Then pull a release lever to remove the door for finishing.
- Concealed hinges – not visible from the outside of the cabinet when the door is closed.
- Semi Concealed hinges – show a portion of the hinge while the rest is concealed inside the cabinet.
- Wrap around hinges – a portion of the hinge is bent to wrap around the door.
What color hinges for white cabinets?
Brass (gold tone) Bright and polished brass knobs or drawer pulls look classy and timeless on white kitchen cabinetry and drawers. Choosing hardware with this goldtone color looks lovely on a kitchen with a traditional, contemporary, or farmhouse appeal.
How do you install half overlay hinges?
How to Install Half Overlay Hinges
- Measure the position of the center of the hinge cup hole from the top of the door.
- Mark the center line of the hinge on the back of the door with pencil or tape.
- Place and hold the door in position over the cabinet opening.
Many older kitchens out there have exposed hinges, where you can see the hinge mounted to the cabinet frame. By swapping out that hinge for an updated, hidden hinge, the transformation can really take a space from dated to modern, just like that. Having hidden hinges gives you the freedom to change hardware on a whim.
Measure the length of the hinge from top to bottom. If your hinges are like that, measure the height of each individual leaf, noting which measurement corresponds to the door side and the cabinet side of the hinge. On uneven hinges, the cabinet -side leaf is usually bigger.
How do you install an easy mount hinge?
Drill (2) holes 1⁄2″ deep with a 7⁄64″ drill at the top edge of the door as indicated in the illustration. Repeat the procedure at the bottom of the door. Mount the hinges on the door using (2) #6 x 5⁄8″ Phillips pan head screws per hinge. Tighten the screws just enough to hold the hinges in place.
Where do you drill holes for Blum hinges?
1. To locate center of hinge cup on back side of door, measure over from edge of door 22.5mm (7/8 ). Here drill a 35mm (13¼8 ) diameter by 13mm (1/2 ) deep hole.