- 1 What is the dress code on a river cruise?
- 2 What do you wear on a European river cruise in the winter?
- 3 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 4 What do you wear on a scenic river cruise?
- 5 Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
- 6 Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
- 7 What should I pack for a 2 week river cruise?
- 8 What do you wear on a riverboat dinner cruise?
- 9 What is the best Christmas market river cruise?
- 10 Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 11 What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
- 12 What is the average cost of a European river cruise?
- 13 Are Balcony rooms worth it on cruises?
- 14 What should you not wear on a cruise?
- 15 Are scenic river cruises good?
What is the dress code on a river cruise?
Daytime dress codes are comfortable and casual, with a dress or two for the formal evening occasions. Scenic advises guests to pack a comfortable pair of shoes for excursions and sandals for if the weather is warm. During specific Freechoice or Enrich events, bring a pair of smart shoes or heels.
What do you wear on a European river cruise in the winter?
What to Pack for a European Winter River Cruise
- Thermal leggings, thermal tops, thermal everything – just think thermal.
- A long coat as well as scarves, gloves and hats – you need them.
- One “ dress -to-impress” item – the rest of your wardrobe should be casual.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What do you wear on a scenic river cruise?
We recommend wearing something smart casual for these occasions such as a dress or shirt and trousers. Keep in mind that we do offer a complimentary laundry service on board which includes 1 kilo of laundry per suite per cruise.
Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
6. Don’t skip formal night – REPEAT: DO NOT SKIP FORMAL NIGHT! Gone, for the most part, are the days of tuxedos and ball gowns on “ formal night.” There are still cruise lines that require formal wear, including sports jackets for men on formal night. However, in general, cruising has become more casual.
Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
If you ‘re wondering what to wear on a cruise during dinner in the main dining room, meals at specialty restaurants, or shows in the theater, the Celebrity Cruises dress code for these occasions is smart casual. For women, this means skirts, pants, or jeans with a casual top.
What should I pack for a 2 week river cruise?
- Comfortable trousers or jeans are best, or if the weather calls for it, shorts or skirts are also appropriate.
- Lightweight, breathable tops. Both long and short sleeved.
- A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather. (
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunglasses.
What do you wear on a riverboat dinner cruise?
For Dinner Cruises, we recommend business casual to dressy casual attire. For men, slacks or khaki pants, and a collared shirt with or without a jacket; for women slacks or skirt, with a collared shirt, or dress. We request no jeans, shorts, tank tops, flip-flops, or gym shoes on these cruises.
What is the best Christmas market river cruise?
10 Best Christmas River Cruises in Europe for 2021-2022
- Danube Christmas Markets.
- Grand Christmas & New Year’s.
- European Holiday Markets.
- Danube Holiday Markets.
- Rhine Holiday Markets.
- Magical Christmas Markets.
- Rhine Christmas Markets. Basel to Amsterdam.
- Christmas Markets on the Danube – Cruise Only. Budapest to Vilshofen.
Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
6 of the best European luxury river cruise lines
- Crystal River Cruises. Crystal took the world of river cruising by storm in 2016 when they blazed into the market, bringing their exacting ocean standards to European river cruising for the first time.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
Perhaps the best -known river cruise line, Viking is also one of the most expansive; the company’s vast fleet of Longships means it’s easy to find the perfect sailing. Smart inclusions, such as beer and wine at lunch and dinner, Wi-Fi and a shore excursion in every port, mean few extra fees once onboard.”
What is the average cost of a European river cruise?
Europe River Cruise Prices Fares start at about $200 per person, per night, for budget-priced river cruises and range up to $500 per person, per night, for an all-inclusive luxury experience. Cruise tours typically span seven to 21 nights. Seven-night Rhine or Danube cruises are the most affordable.
Are Balcony rooms worth it on cruises?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
What should you not wear on a cruise?
Don’t wear flip flops, sleeveless shirts (for men), cut-off jeans, T-shirts or gym shorts. If you want to attend a “ cruise elegant” evening, bring a fancier, more formal outfit.
Are scenic river cruises good?
Scenic is great for travelers who are happy to pay higher fares for more inclusions and not be faced with a large bar tab, a bill for additional excursions or tips at the end of their cruise.