- 1 Why did Europeans exploration continue even after?
- 2 Which was the major cause of European exploration?
- 3 Which impact did European exploration have on civilization in the Americas?
- 4 Which statement describes how Spain takeover of the Philippines affected Europeans trading with Japan?
- 5 What are 3 reasons for colonization?
- 6 What was the human cost of European exploration and colonization?
- 7 Was European exploration Good or bad?
- 8 What were the major causes of European exploration quizlet?
- 9 Which of these is an effect of European exploration?
- 10 How did European exploration impact the new world?
- 11 What was the biggest impact of the age of exploration?
- 12 What are the causes and effects of European exploration?
- 13 What is the old name of Philippines?
- 14 Who colonized the Philippines after Spain?
- 15 Who really discovered the Philippines?
Why did Europeans exploration continue even after?
Looking for a shorter route, many European explorers continued his exploration trips. 2- The correct answer is B, to gain direct access to spices. Until Vasco da Gama, the European traders had to pay taxes to the muslims in Middle East to go through their territories to reach the East Indies and its spices.
Which was the major cause of European exploration?
There are three main reasons for European Exploration. Them being for the sake of their economy, religion and glory. They wanted to improve their economy for instance by acquiring more spices, gold, and better and faster trading routes. Also, they really believed in the need to spread their religion, Christianity.
Which impact did European exploration have on civilization in the Americas?
European conquest decimated the Native American population. Native Americans invited Europeans to settle unclaimed lands. Colonists joined Native American nations, blending cultures to produce a new civilization. Europeans supplied Native Americans with wealth and medicine in exchange for land.
Which statement describes how Spain takeover of the Philippines affected Europeans trading with Japan?
Japan saw Spain as a threat after the Philippines were conquered, so the Tokugawa shoguns no longer permitted European traders in Japan. Japan allowed less European trade after the Spanish conquered the Philippines, so traders hired private armies to force access to Japan.
What are 3 reasons for colonization?
Historians generally recognize three motives for European exploration and colonization in the New World: God, gold, and glory.
What was the human cost of European exploration and colonization?
Answer Expert Verified The human cost of European colonies and exploitations were many, but the main ones were genocide against indigenous people and the cruel process of enslavement of black people.
Was European exploration Good or bad?
European Exploration had observed positive impacts in the areas of trade, economy and politics. New trade routes: European exploration opened new ways of trade to Asia as well as India, that helped other nations to source products quickly and make high profits.
What were the major causes of European exploration quizlet?
Terms in this set (10)
- Causes of Exploration. • Desire for wealth from trade.
- Trade Routes. • Crusades opened up the Far East using the Middle East.
- European Spice Trade.
- New Technology. • New ships – Caravel.
- European Exploration. • Portugal.
- Mercantilism. • Colonies exist to make profit for European country.
Which of these is an effect of European exploration?
Some basic effects of Europeans coming to North America are that the Native Americans caught new diseases which included smallpox, influenza, measles, and chicken pox. Explorers used superior fire power, like single shot muskets, to conquer natives.
How did European exploration impact the new world?
Colonization ruptured many ecosystems, bringing in new organisms while eliminating others. The Europeans brought many diseases with them that decimated Native American populations. Colonists and Native Americans alike looked to new plants as possible medicinal resources.
What was the biggest impact of the age of exploration?
The spread of plants, animals, and diseases was one of the biggest effects of the Age of Exploration. Let’s look at some examples of how biological exchanges affected people around the world. Explorers and conquistadors brought many new plants to the Americas. They brought European crops such as barley and rye.
What are the causes and effects of European exploration?
Effect: Europeans became interested in Asian culture and trade. * Cause: Prince Henry was fascinated with ships, maps and riches. Effect: Conquistadors attacked Native American cultures and claimed lands for their country. * Cause: European explorers brought many diseases with them.
What is the old name of Philippines?
The Philippines were claimed in the name of Spain in 1521 by Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer sailing for Spain, who named the islands after King Philip II of Spain. They were then called Las Felipinas.
Who colonized the Philippines after Spain?
The U.S. then fought Spain during the Spanish -American war and took possession of the Philippines, which prompted the Philippine -American war that took place from 1899 to 1902.
Who really discovered the Philippines?
The Philippines was discovered in 1521 by Portugese explorer Ferdinand Magellan and colonized by Spain from 1565 to 1898. Following the Spanish – American War, it became a territory of the United States.