- 1 How did the Renaissance inspire European exploration?
- 2 What was a major motivation for European exploration?
- 3 What did the renaissance mean for explorers?
- 4 How might the renaissance attitudes and ideas have influenced European explorers?
- 5 What was the most important development of exploration?
- 6 Which two of these events directly led to the beginning of European exploration?
- 7 Why did Europe spread Christianity?
- 8 What were some of the economic outcomes of European maritime exploration?
- 9 Who led the way in European exploration at first where did it expand to and why was it successful?
- 10 What does Renaissance means in French?
- 11 Why is the Renaissance considered a turning point in history?
- 12 What were the 3 core values of the Renaissance period?
- 13 How did the exchange of knowledge and technology make European exploration possible?
- 14 Why was England behind Spain and Portugal in colonization?
- 15 Why did European explorers increase their demand for enslaved Africans?
How did the Renaissance inspire European exploration?
The increase in trade during the Renaissance led to an Age of Exploration. During this era of discovery, European explorers searched for new trade routes to Asia, new people to convert to Christianity, and new lands to conquer in the name of their kings at home. These changes led to the “rise” of Western Europe.
What was a major motivation for European exploration?
There are three main reasons for European Exploration. Them being for the sake of their economy, religion and glory. They wanted to improve their economy for instance by acquiring more spices, gold, and better and faster trading routes. Also, they really believed in the need to spread their religion, Christianity.
What did the renaissance mean for explorers?
Not only was the Renaissance known as a blooming of culture, it also marked the start of Europe as an expansionist power and a major player in the exploration of the world. This is the reason that the Renaissance is sometimes called The Age of Discovery.
How might the renaissance attitudes and ideas have influenced European explorers?
how might Renaissance attitudes and ideas have influences European explorers? because the Renaissance encouraged individuals to regard themselves as individuals to look forward to fame and prompted many to seek glory through adventure. how did the arrival of European settlers affect Native American societies?
What was the most important development of exploration?
The Age of Exploration was rooted in new technologies and ideas growing out of the Renaissance, these included advances in cartography, navigation, and shipbuilding. The most important development was the invention of first the Carrack and then caravel in Iberia.
Which two of these events directly led to the beginning of European exploration?
The decline of Silk Road directly led to the beginning of European exploration.
Why did Europe spread Christianity?
Why did Europeans want to spread Christianity in the Americas? They believed that God wanted them to convert other peoples. What types of goods did Europeans ship to Africa and the Americas on Triangular Trade routes? Africans were brought to the Americas as enslaved people.
What were some of the economic outcomes of European maritime exploration?
The voyages of explorers had a dramatic impact on European trade. As a result, more goods, raw materials and precious metals entered Europe. Merchants gained great wealth by trading and selling goods from around the world. They then could use their profits to finance other voyages and to start trading companies.
Who led the way in European exploration at first where did it expand to and why was it successful?
– portugal led the way in european exploration due to their maritime innovations. prince henry the navigator: the 1st european monarch to sponsor seafaring expeditions, to search for an all-water route to east as well as for african gold.
What does Renaissance means in French?
Renaissance is a French word meaning “rebirth.” It refers to a period in European civilization that was marked by a revival of Classical learning and wisdom.
Why is the Renaissance considered a turning point in history?
The Renaissance was a turning point in history, where everything improved and people’s opinion and ideas change. The Renaissance was a time period of trade and intellectual curiosity unparalleled in Europe. It was a rebirth of everything because the Dark Ages destroyed everything.
What were the 3 core values of the Renaissance period?
Renaissance people had certain common values. Among them were humanism, individualism, skepticism, well-roundedness, secularism, and classicism. These values were reflected in buildings, writing, painting, sculpture, and science.
How did the exchange of knowledge and technology make European exploration possible?
Advances in cartography (map making), improved ship designs (caravels), and new/improved navigation tools (like the compass, astrolabe) and weapons where advances in knowledge and technology that helped make the voyages possible.
Why was England behind Spain and Portugal in colonization?
(A) England was so far behind Spain and Portugal in colonization because England barely had interest in establishing an overseas colony since they were, moreso, focused on the New World. The break with the Roman Catholic Church also occupied England.
Why did European explorers increase their demand for enslaved Africans?
Why did European settlers increase their demand for enslaved Africans? As disease from the Europeans ran rapid, more and more of the enslaved Native Americans started to die, so the demand for slaves grew along with the prices and Europeans joined the slave trade.