- 1 What should I bring on a river cruise?
- 2 What is the dress code on a river cruise?
- 3 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 4 What should I pack for a 2 week river cruise?
- 5 Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
- 6 Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
- 7 What should you not wear on a cruise?
- 8 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 9 How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
- 10 Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 11 What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
- 12 What is the average cost of a European river cruise?
- 13 Is Viking silver spirits package worth it?
- 14 What is the dress code for dinner on Viking River Cruises?
- 15 Does Viking River Cruises have laundry service?
What should I bring on a river cruise?
What to Pack for a River Cruise (and What to Leave Home)
- Power strips and/or converters.
- Walking shoes.
- A thermos or plastic water bottle.
- Rain gear.
- A tote bag.
- Extra memory cards for your camera.
- Insect repellent.
- Cruise line luggage tags.
What is the dress code on a river cruise?
Daytime dress codes are comfortable and casual, with a dress or two for the formal evening occasions. Scenic advises guests to pack a comfortable pair of shoes for excursions and sandals for if the weather is warm. During specific Freechoice or Enrich events, bring a pair of smart shoes or heels.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What should I pack for a 2 week river cruise?
- Comfortable trousers or jeans are best, or if the weather calls for it, shorts or skirts are also appropriate.
- Lightweight, breathable tops. Both long and short sleeved.
- A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather. (
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunglasses.
Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
If you ‘re wondering what to wear on a cruise during dinner in the main dining room, meals at specialty restaurants, or shows in the theater, the Celebrity Cruises dress code for these occasions is smart casual. For women, this means skirts, pants, or jeans with a casual top.
Can you skip formal night on a cruise?
6. Don’t skip formal night – REPEAT: DO NOT SKIP FORMAL NIGHT! Gone, for the most part, are the days of tuxedos and ball gowns on “ formal night.” There are still cruise lines that require formal wear, including sports jackets for men on formal night. However, in general, cruising has become more casual.
What should you not wear on a cruise?
Don’t wear flip flops, sleeveless shirts (for men), cut-off jeans, T-shirts or gym shorts. If you want to attend a “ cruise elegant” evening, bring a fancier, more formal outfit.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
The top 10 winners in the category Best River Cruise Line are as follows:
- Viking River Cruises.
- Avalon Waterways.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Riviera River Cruises.
- European Waterways.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
In general, it’s safe to budget between $12 and $15 per person per day of the cruise. So, for a family of four taking a four-night cruise, bring at least $240 just for onboard tips. (It’s not necessary to tip on behalf of an infant.)
Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
6 of the best European luxury river cruise lines
- Crystal River Cruises. Crystal took the world of river cruising by storm in 2016 when they blazed into the market, bringing their exacting ocean standards to European river cruising for the first time.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the best rated river cruise line in Europe?
Perhaps the best -known river cruise line, Viking is also one of the most expansive; the company’s vast fleet of Longships means it’s easy to find the perfect sailing. Smart inclusions, such as beer and wine at lunch and dinner, Wi-Fi and a shore excursion in every port, mean few extra fees once onboard.”
What is the average cost of a European river cruise?
Europe River Cruise Prices Fares start at about $200 per person, per night, for budget-priced river cruises and range up to $500 per person, per night, for an all-inclusive luxury experience. Cruise tours typically span seven to 21 nights. Seven-night Rhine or Danube cruises are the most affordable.
Is Viking silver spirits package worth it?
The beverage package is well worth the price if you prefer a cocktail rather than beer or wine and if you wish to enjoy a drink before or after dinner. The included wine and beer is only during lunch and dinner. The package allows the top brands.
What is the dress code for dinner on Viking River Cruises?
There are no formal nights on Viking so there’s no need for long dresses for women or dinner jackets for men (even neckties are discretionary). Instead, the dress code is “elegant casual,” which can mean anything from a sundress in the Caribbean—to slacks and a blouse for women cruising in colder climates.
Does Viking River Cruises have laundry service?
Viking River Cruises: Laundry service is available on board; unfortunately clothes cannot be dry cleaned.