- 1 How many countries in Europe extend into the Arctic Circle?
- 2 What are the four large European islands in the Mediterranean Sea?
- 3 Which two European countries extend east into Asia?
- 4 What are the two European countries?
- 5 Who controls the Arctic Circle?
- 6 What country owns most of the Arctic?
- 7 Which is bigger Crete or Rhodes?
- 8 What’s bigger Crete or Cyprus?
- 9 What separates Europe from Africa?
- 10 What are the 5 major peninsulas in Europe?
- 11 What ocean lies to the north of Europe?
- 12 Where is the capital of Europe?
- 13 What is the most interesting country in Europe?
- 14 Are there 44 or 51 countries in Europe?
How many countries in Europe extend into the Arctic Circle?
Eight countries extend into the Arctic: Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Canada and the USA (Alaska). Mainland Iceland is actually below the Arctic but the Icelandic island of Grimsey lies exactly on the Arctic Circle.
What are the four large European islands in the Mediterranean Sea?
The largest islands are Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Cyprus, and Crete, and the major island groups include the Balearics off the coast of Spain and the Ionian, Cyclades, and Dodecanese islands off Greece.
Which two European countries extend east into Asia?
The two European countries that extend east into Asia are Russia and Turkey. EXPLANATION: Russia is one of the largest Nation in Europe.
What are the two European countries?
List of European countries
|Name of region and territory, with flag||Area (km²)||Capital|
|Andorra||468||Andorra la Vella|
Who controls the Arctic Circle?
All land, internal waters, territorial seas and EEZs in the Arctic are under the jurisdiction of one of the eight Arctic coastal states: Canada, Denmark (via Greenland), Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden and the United States (via Alaska). International law regulates this area as with other portions of Earth.
What country owns most of the Arctic?
The U.S. is one of eight nations surrounding the Arctic — along with Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia and Sweden — that are all currently jostling for ownership of the region’s frozen seas.
Which is bigger Crete or Rhodes?
Greece’s largest island, Crete, is the among the top ten largest islands in Europe. Top 20 Largest Islands.
|Crete (Kriti)||Rhodes (Rodos)|
|3219 sq. miles||541|
|8336 sq. kilometers||1401|
What’s bigger Crete or Cyprus?
Crete island is 0.90 times as big as Cyprus It has an area of 8,336 km2 (3,219 sq mi) and a coastline of 1,046 km (650 mi). Cyprus, officially called the Republic of Cyprus, is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean.
What separates Europe from Africa?
iss062e005579 (Feb. 11, 2020) — The Strait of Gibraltar connects the Atlantic Ocean with the Mediterranean Sea and separates Spain on the European continent from Morocco on the African continent.
What are the 5 major peninsulas in Europe?
4) Europe has five major peninsulas:
What ocean lies to the north of Europe?
Europe is the planet’s 6th largest continent and it includes 47 countries. well as mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere. Only a very small area of the continent lies in the Western Hemisphere. It is bordered in the north by the Arctic Ocean and in the west by the Atlantic Ocean.
Where is the capital of Europe?
Brussels, capital of Europe.
What is the most interesting country in Europe?
Top 10 Most Beautiful Countries in Europe
- Spain. During my travels throughout Europe, I had the opportunity to discover some truly amazing places, but no other country made me feel more alive and inspired than Spain, with its monumental cities, dazzling costas, and gloriously laid-back way of life.
Are there 44 or 51 countries in Europe?
The European Union has an area (without the UK) of over 4.23 million km² (1.6 million sq mi). How many countries are there in Europe? Europe is shared by 50 countries. By the conventional definition, there are 44 sovereign states or nations in Europe.