- 1 Which branch of the Indo European family has the most native speakers?
- 2 What are the four most frequently spoken branches of Indo European?
- 3 Which European language is the most common of native indigenous speakers?
- 4 Which Indo European language has the most users?
- 5 What is the oldest Indo-European language?
- 6 Is romance a language branch?
- 7 Which language is not a Romance language?
- 8 What is the second largest language family?
- 9 What language branch is English?
- 10 What is the most useful language in Europe?
- 11 What is the best language in the world?
- 12 What is the most spoken language in the Europe?
- 13 What race is Indo-European?
- 14 What is the largest language family?
- 15 What are the major Indo-European languages?
Which branch of the Indo European family has the most native speakers?
However, some of these branches are already extinct. Today, the largest among the Indo European language family branch is Indo -Iranian.
What are the four most frequently spoken branches of Indo European?
The four most spoken language branches of the Indo-European family are Germanic, Indo-Iranian, Romance, and Balto -Slavic.
Which European language is the most common of native indigenous speakers?
Russian is the most spoken native language in Europe; and English has the largest number of speakers in total, including some 200 million speakers of English as a second or foreign language.
Which Indo European language has the most users?
With over 2.6 billion speakers (or 45% of the world’s population), the Indo – European language family has the largest number of speakers of all language families as well as the widest dispersion around the world. Indo -Iranian.
|Language||Number of speakers||Where spoken primarily|
What is the oldest Indo-European language?
Which Indo – European language is the oldest? The oldest attested Indo – European language is Hittite. There are records written in Hittite cuneiform from about 1650 BC (the Anitta text). Hittite loanwords and personal names have been found in Old Assyrian, dated as early as 2000 BC.
Is romance a language branch?
Romance languages, group of related languages all derived from Vulgar Latin within historical times and forming a subgroup of the Italic branch of the Indo-European language family. The major languages of the family include French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Romanian, all national languages.
Which language is not a Romance language?
Which of these languages is not a Romance language? The right answer is Swiss, because it is not actually a language. Three of the national languages in Switzerland are Romance languages: French (spoken by 22.9% of the population in 2016), Italian (8.2%) and Romansh (0.5%).
What is the second largest language family?
Another important language family is the Sino-Tibetan family. It is the world’s second largest language family, with more than one billion speakers of its hundreds of different languages.
What language branch is English?
English language, West Germanic language of the Indo-European language family that is closely related to the Frisian, German, and Dutch (in Belgium called Flemish) languages.
What is the most useful language in Europe?
Spanish was also recognized as the top 4 most useful languages to learn by European citizens behind English, German, and French.
What is the best language in the world?
The 7 Best Languages To Learn
- Spanish. Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language after Mandarin and certainly not a surprise at the top of languages to learn.
- German. Germany has the highest GDP in Europe, and many are flocking to the country seeking new careers.
What is the most spoken language in the Europe?
English is still the most spoken language in the EU by far, with German now spoken by 36% of citizens and French spoken by 29% of the EU’s new smaller population of 446 million people. Italian comes fourth at 18%, followed by 17% for Spanish.
What race is Indo-European?
As we now use the word, Aryans are people who speak Aryan, or Indo – European, languages. It is only in a secondary way that this word can be used as an ethnological term, describing community of race.
What is the largest language family?
Based on speaker count, Indo-European and Sino-Tibetan are the largest two language families, with over 4.6 billion speakers between them. The two most spoken languages are in these families – English is classified as Indo-European, and Mandarin Chinese is classified as Sino-Tibetan.
What are the major Indo-European languages?
Examples of modern Indo -Aryan languages are Hindi, Bengali, Sinhalese (spoken in Sri Lanka), and the many dialects of Romany, the language of the Roma.